We believe God uses relationships to change each of us for the better, and the reality is that we don’t experience relationships when we’re sitting in rows. Learning together is an important first step, but it’s not the only step. When you’re fully involved in the life of a church, God uses other people to help you grow, and he uses you to help grow other people.
Jesus doesn’t want the church to be an exclusive club. He wants everyone to know him and follow him. So we think it’s vital that as we become fully engaged in church, we invest in unchurched people in our lives. That doesn’t mean that we treat them as projects. It means that we genuinely care about them, get to know what’s happening in their lives, and, when the time is right, invite them to take an appropriate next step toward Jesus.
Here’s some useful tips for inviting your friends
- The beginning of a message series is a GREAT time to bring a guest with you.
- Big holiday weekends (Easter and Christmas) are also GREAT opportunities to invite your friends.
- When you bring guests with you, make you take them to the Info Center or NEXT so that they can get any questions answered. We’ll also send them a free gift!
- Word of mouth is the best way to invite people. Tell your friends about Discovery and share/tag them in social media to let them know.
- Use the form below, send an email invite to your friend and follow up with them.