Pray, Give, Next Steps
Hurricane Harvey hit the Texas coast as a Category 4 storm on Friday, August 25. It will take months, and in some areas years, to restore. We are called to provide for the physical and spiritual needs of those who have called Houston home by praying, giving, and providing our resources and influences.
Here are some of the ways you can be involved:
- Pray for the people who have had to leave everything behind, especially those with nowhere to go. Pray for those who were unable to evacuate, stranded in their homes. Ask for God’s provision and care.
- Pray for the first responders, National Guard, and disaster relief volunteers and all others working to rescue those who are stranded.
- Pray that the local church would be the hands and feet of Jesus, offering love, hope, resources and family.
- We are partnering with two organizations to help provide relief. Please support these efforts financially and pray for everyone in the region. Donate to Hurricane Harvey Relief directly to Convoy of Hope or if it's easier to give through Discovery Church and we'll make sure every dollar goes directly to Convoy of Hope.
- We want to find the right way to help so Discovery will be strategically planning next steps for potential future engagement in helping to rebuild and restore Houston and the surrounding areas.